Helping our clergy at Mass
This is now resuming after COVID, with suitable restrictions on numbers.
We have a group of altar servers who help out at Masses. Children who wish to apply should have done their First Holy Communion. Please contact Joseph Millyard (Sundays) or John Borda (Saturdays). There is no contact for Kirtling at present, please volunteer if you want to take on this role.
- Please ensure you arrive early enough (at least 15 minutes before service) to prepare for the Mass, and so that roles can be planned
- If you are unable to serve on a scheduled day, please contact a replacement
- Please wear suitable shoes (no wheels or flashing lights!)
- Please turn off noisy gadgets (phones, virtual pets, watch alarms, etc.) or leave them with your parents.
Altar serving team with archbishop after Altar Blessing Mass, 8/12/2011
Thomas getting his silver medal for 10 years as an altar server.
John and Kasia getting their silver medals
There are a selection of links below which you may find useful:
- Video Guides– not 100% applicable (different church), but very informative and an excellent training tool!
- Guild of St. Stephen– Altar server’s guild
- So you want to be an altar server? Details and history, including some of the “why we do things the way we do”. Lots of details, for those that want it.